By Trevor Waddington, Principal, Truth Tree
- Schools need an active TikTok account for enrollment marketing.
- TikTok is the hottest social media platform used by 10-29 years old.
- Schools can run paid ads on the platform to target a specific audience.
TikTok is a social media platform that has become popular for short-form videos. It can be a great tool for marketing a private school, charter school, or public school. It allows users to create engaging and entertaining content to attract potential students and families.
Why your school should have a TikTok account
1. It’s popular
2. Usage time is insane
3. You can establish your “cool” to students and young parents
How does TikTok advertising work?
First, your school needs a TikTok for Business Account.
TikTok advertising works by placing ads on the platform that users can see while browsing or watching videos. Since there is only one thread, your school’s enrollment marketing ad will be front and center.
Once you have an account, you can build your audience and create different campaigns based on your target segments.
Targeting your ideal audience TikTok
School advertisers can set familiar objectives like reach, traffic, clicks, and conversions. Audience targeting basics include location, age, and interest.
Targeting that would benefit private school marketers may include:
- household income,
- parenting needs,
- early childhood & preschool education,
- primary & secondary education & K-12
- and more.
Hack Alert! Don’t just go by the pre-populated drop-downs. You can type in interests like:
- people who are interested in high school
- people who are interested in Montessori
- people how are interested in kindergarten
Tips for using TikTok for Business to market your school:
- Ensure your branded TikTok account for your school includes all the important information, such as your website and contact details in the bio section.
- Post engaging and informative videos showcasing your school’s unique features and benefits. For example, you could create videos that highlight the academic programs, extracurricular activities, and facilities at your school.
- Use popular TikTok trends and hashtags to increase the visibility of your content and reach a wider audience. For example, you could create a dance challenge or a lip-sync video using a popular song and include hashtags such as #privateschool, #Catholicschool, or #education.
- Engage with your audience by responding to comments and reposting videos created by students or staff at your school. This will help to create a sense of community and build relationships with potential students and their parents.
- Monitor and track the performance of your TikTok content using the platform’s analytics tools. This will help you to understand what types of content resonates with your audience and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Overall, using TikTok for paid advertising can effectively market your school and drive enrollment. By creating engaging ads and targeting them to the right audience, you can increase brand awareness and potentially attract new students to your school.
Be sure to check out Truth Tree’s TikTok account for more tips on digital marketing for schools.